Alfa Laval Pharma-line is a high-quality shell-and-tube heat exchanger especially developed to meet the high hygienic demands of the pharmaceutical industry. Flexibility in the design makes it suitable for many hygienic applications, whatever the demands.
Versatile heating and cooling
The design of the Pharma-line makes it easy to drain and clean, and there is no risk of cross-contamination associated with conventional heat exchangers.
The Pharma-line is designed to work under highest hygienic conditions in applications such as Water-for-Injection (WFI), Purified Water (PW) and heating/cooling of pharmaceutical products.
Special features: Leakage detection Double tube sheets protects against service media leaking into the product.
Drainable: Fully drainable on the product side, with no dead spots. Vent and drain possibilities on utility side.
Hygienic design: Seamless tube with smooth and controlled surface finish. Crevice-free design ensuring no contamination.
Flexibility: The Pharma-line S range is designed with legs for flexible positioning of the heat exchanger. It can be mounted on the floor, wall or ceiling and this decision can be taken after the order is placed.
Compliant design: In line with ASME BPE, USP, cGMP requirements.
Comprehensive documentation: A high-quality documentation package as standard, with most specials available on request.
All Pharma-line models are designed to operate at pressure up to 10 bar and at operating temperature of 150°C.
Pharma-line heat exchanger range
Pharma-line is available in two product lines. Both lines consist of a standard range of U-tube designed Pharma-line
- Standardized serie with 21 standard models.
- Designed in accordance to pressure vessel code PED.
- TSG approval (acc.to Safety Technical regulation, China) can be provided.
- Connections standard and dimensions is predefined for optimization of the performance.
- Available with or without insulation.
- Capacity range from 300 l/h up to approx. 16000 l/h depending on application.
- Premium serie available in 27 standard models and customized design like multipass, straight is available upon request.
- Serveral options of connection standard and sizes are available.
- Can be designed in accordance to PED, ASME (with U-stamp as an option).
- TSG approval (acc. to Safety Technical regulations, China) can be provided wihen needed.
- Capacity range from 300 l/h up to approx. 44 000 l/h depending on application.
- Easy to drain and clean
- No risk of cross-contamination
- Hygienic design
Seneste 'Close at hand'-online version
Sådan fungerer det
The product media flows through a bundle of seamless tubes. The service media flows outside the tubes in cross flow. At the end the tubes are fastened by two tube sheets acting as leakage indicators and prevent cross-contamination between the product and the service media.
The Pharma-line can be installed either horizontally or vertically depending on the duty or space. For an easy installation, lifting and mounting devices are welded on the unit. Thermal fatigue caused by large temperature changes is taken up by the U-bend in two-pass units and by a welded-in bellow
in straight units.
Pharma-Line - How it works